What is a charter school?
Answer: A charter school is an independently run public school that is granted greater flexibility in its operations in return for greater accountability for performance. Charter schools were established to give parents academic choices for their children and provide a learning environment to improve student achievement.
Does Albuquerque Collegiate charge tuition?
Answer: No. As a public charter school, Albuquerque Collegiate is tuition-free. There are also no fees to apply. We believe that high-quality education is a right that every child deserves.
What is the enrollment lottery?
Answer: Albuquerque Collegiate has 60 seats per grade level. If we have more than 60 applicants who wish to join a given grade level, students are selected randomly for each spot via a public lottery. Students who are already enrolled for a grade level are automatically entered for the next school year. There is no need to re-apply each year. Students who have a sibling already attending Albuquerque Collegiate will have a lottery preference.
What is the enrollment process?
1) Complete enrollment by April 15, 2018.
2) If we have more than 60 applications per grade, we will hold an enrollment lottery in late April.
3) If your child is one of the 60 chosen for their grade in the lottery, you will complete registration paperwork and enroll your child for the upcoming 2018-2019 school year.
4) If your child is not one of the first 60 children, s/he will be given a number and placement on the grade’s waitlist. We will contact you as soon as a spot becomes available for your child.
5) Once registration paperwork is complete, your child will be officially registered at Albuquerque Collegiate for the 2018-2019 school year. We will have uniform fittings and Meet & Greet events over the summer for all registered families.
CLICK HERE TO ENROLL