2018-2019 School Year Information
Important Notice: Date Change Start of School
(Information about Childcare Week: Aug 13-17, Culture Week: Aug 20-24}
2018-2019 School Year Information
(Daily schedule, Meals, Recess, School Supplies, etc.)
2018-2019 Academic Calendar
(First day of school, holidays/breaks, etc.)
(Uniform policy and where to buy)
What is a charter school?
Answer: A charter school is a public school that is granted greater flexibility in its operations (curriculum, hiring, in return for greater accountability for performance. Charter schools were established to give parents academic choices for their children and provide a learning environment to improve student achievement. Charter schools are funded by the state, just like other public schools.
Does Albuquerque Collegiate charge tuition?
Answer: No. As a public charter school, Albuquerque Collegiate is tuition-free. There are also no fees to apply. We believe that high-quality education is a right that every child deserves.
Does Albuquerque Collegiate have an after school program?
Answer: Yes! We have partnered with the Westside Community Center for After School care. Students participating in the WSCC after school program will be picked up at the Abq Collegiate campus at the end of the school day and transported to the Westide Community Center. After-school programming runs until 6:00pm daily. For more information about after school care, call the Westside Community Center (505) 314-0176 or visit the Westside Community Center website.
Does Albuquerque Collegiate serve students who receive Gifted or Special Education Services?
Answer: Yes! Albuquerque Collegiate accepts all students who are admitted through our enrollment and lottery process, regardless of disability. We offer the services all of our students need to be successful academically and personally, including Special Education for students with exceptionalities.
What is the enrollment process?
There are still seats available for kindergarten and 1st grade! All remaining seats will be filled on a first-come, first-serve basis. Spaces are limited, appy today! Please contact our Student Supports Coordinator, Bonnie Murphy, for more information (505) 750-7027.
CLICK HERE TO ENROLL
1) Complete enrollment by April 15, 2018.
2) If we have more applications than seats available, we will hold an enrollment lottery in late April.
3) If your child is one of the 60 chosen for their grade in the lottery, you will complete registration paperwork and enroll your child for the upcoming 2018-2019 school year.
4) If your child is not one of the first 60 children, s/he will be given a number and placement on the grade’s waitlist. We will contact you as soon as a spot becomes available for your child.
5) Once registration paperwork is complete, your child will be officially registered at Albuquerque Collegiate for the 2018-2019 school year. We will have uniform fittings and Meet & Greet events over the summer for all registered families.
What is the enrollment lottery?
Answer: Albuquerque Collegiate has 60 seats for kindergarten and 30 seats for 1st grade. If we have more applicants than seats available, students will be selected randomly for each spot via a public lottery. If the number of applicants does not exceed the number of seats available, all applicants will be offered a seat, and any remaining seats will be available on a first-come first-serve basis. Students who are already enrolled for a grade level are automatically entered for the next school year. There is no need to re-apply each year. Students who have a sibling already attending Albuquerque Collegiate will have a lottery preference.